Monday, December 28, 2009

The Thrid Day of Christmas


I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. Too busy. We went to a late mass at the church were my parents were married and my brother and I baptized. It was very nice. The celebrant was very traditional and gave a lovely sermon on Catholic family life. The church was very nicely decorated, simply but elegantly. I really don't like a lot of gaudy decorations especially in churches. These consisted mainly in evergreen and red poinsettias. The creche was one of the nicest I have ever seen. I am presumimg it is German as the parish is. It was beautiful. After mass we went "over the river and thru the woods" to Grandma and Grandpa's for a little brunch. By the time we got home it was time to get dinner ready! So that is why I didn't post. To make up for it I will try to post twice today(notice I said try(':). In honor of yesterday's feast day that of the Holy Family I will share a little poem I wrote last year. I never was quiet satisfied with it but I'll post it anyways.

O Mary, O Joseph
How did you know?
Who guided you to the manger?

Was a king's cruel decree
All there was to be
Of your flight to Bethlehem?

The kindness of a stranger,
Shelter you from danger,
Come dwell in my manger.

Did the star that had been seen
Appear with brightest gleam
Or an angel of the Lord in a dream?

The King of Kings to be
Was born in poverty
That we could the truth see.

Though blind I may be
And His glory cannot see
The light of truth shines thru His humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment