Sunday, January 31, 2010

My First March for Life

Last weekend I went to the March for Life in Washington D.C with a group of about 400 young people. It was an amazing experience not at all what I expected but amazing. I will go again for sure next year. The number of people who attended was insanely incredible. You could barely walk! Another thing that amazed me was the number of religious and seminarians. I mean compared to the number of lay people there wasn't that many but you usually don't see them all together in one place like that. I got to meet one of the brothers from EWTN. I was ecstatic! The day after the March we went to Arlington Cemetery and the Natural History museum. Arlington was so beautiful, the whole city was beautiful. I never imagined it would be. I thought big city, tall buildings dirty streets but instead there were trees and clean streets and giant buildings. Amazing! There is so much to see there. I saw the IRS building, the White House, the capital building, the national Basilica, three of the Smithsonian museums and many more things I can't remember. One thing that struck me as strange and quite a moronic thing was how if you walk through the city everywhere you come across quotes which speak of freedom and liberty and how no cause is more noble but the same folks who read these words every day and praise them allow abortion to be legal. What is wrong with our countrymen? What is wrong with us? We must stop this. It is unacceptable. It is un-American. It is anti-God.

2 comments:

  1. You were in D.C. for the March? Oh my gosh, so I was I! What a coincidence!
    Kidding! It was awesome going with you, best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I SO wanted to go, but by the time I actually heard of it, it was too late. I guess I'm not really with the times.

    It's absolutely HORRIBLE what people do to others while 'living Constitutionally'.

    ReplyDelete