Thursday, January 14, 2010

Top 10 Stress-Busters

Everyone at some point in there life has to deal with that dreaded word...STRESS. It usually happens somewhere in that stretch of time when you go from being a care free child to a more mature person. I have had my share of stress no more then anyone else but I know what it is. This is my top ten list of how to deal with STRESS or just beat the blues when your feeling down.

1) Exercise. This is my top stress, blues,anxiety,and frustration reliever. Any kind of exercise is sure to cheer me up but my favorite form is running!

2)Singing. There is something about singing your heart out that makes you feel happy. Just sing from your soul and let it all out. It never fails to lift me up at least a little.

3)Writing a letter. Writing to a friend always makes me feel better. I don't necessarily have to write about my problems it just reminds me that I'm not alone I've got a support group.

4)Acting like a kid again. Whether it be tree climbing, reading my favorite picture books or playing hide and seek returning to the past puts life in a different light and helps me escape my troubles for a while.

5)Talking. It can be to your parents, your sister, yourself, your dog sometimes even the guy you meet on the bus but talking over your troubles almost always helps.

6)Talking a warm shower. Aaahhhh! Nothing better for soul and body.

7)Hot Tea. Add a tablespoon of honey and a little bit of lemon for a soothing afternoon or evening drink.

8)Journaling. Sometimes my feeling are all mixed up and I just need to sort them out by writing them down before talking about them.

9)Watch or read LORD OF THE RINGS! Sorry I am a total LOTR fanatic. I just love it.It makes life so much more endurable.

10)Prayer. I saved the best for last. You may not always get emotional relief from prayer but if you ask you will receive and God's grace will get you thru anything life dishes out whether it be college, job searching, loss of a loved one, depression or failure. God grace is enough for me. Go to the fountain of grace the Sacraments for a powerhouse of graces!

Please feel free to comment. What are your top stress-busters?

2 comments:

  1. Mine's sobbing into my pillow. Lol, joking.

    Dancing is mine, although I don't officially do ballet or anything like that. Also, because a lot of stress comes from schoolwork, I like to finish all of my schoolwork for the day and then relax on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add music to your blog.

    ReplyDelete