Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm Back!

Hey! I'm back and I'm freezing. Even my dad who wears shorts in 60 degree weather says that he doesn't know how long he is going to be able to hold off turning on the heat. Right now I'm down in the basement typing with a turtleneck sweater, a heavy hoodie, gloves, running pants and a scarf on. Yea, I'm cold. I'm on my third cup of tea and am getting sick of the watery stuff. Why am I complaining so much though. Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day. We went to a park after Mass. Everyone biked and I ran since I just couldn't resist(it was such a perfect day for jogging!). We came home and had some of dad's homemade chicken soup, the perfect thing to have on a chilly day. After all the exercise we where all famished! After Sunday excursions like that one everybody usually shares what their favorite part of the day was. The little girls liked the park we stopped at best. Patty said he liked being able to play with the older guys. At home they are always busy with other things like school and their forum. I really enjoyed running in a new place. It gets really monotonous jogging thru the same neighborhoods everyday. I was also excited about the swans we saw. I know I sound like a 3 year old but they were huge! I never realized how tall they get when full grown. We also saw a flock of Turkey Vultures which was pretty neat too. Last week was pretty hectic so I was very grateful to be able to enjoy such a pleasant day with my family. In some ways it makes me grateful for the busy insaneness that happens during the rest of the week because if things were always wonderful I wouldn't appreciate them like I do now. It's the craziness that makes the peace so nice, the storm that makes the calm. ~ Ardhoniel

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ardhoniel!
    I wanted to thank you for following my blog. However, I am a little confused about yours. Are you a graduated home-schooler still living at home, or are you a Poor Clare sister? I’m a wee bit befuddled.
    God bless,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness, how many Arwen followers can a person get? you should go for a world record!

    ReplyDelete