Sunday, October 4, 2009

Franciscan Week


Hey Everyone! I haven't been around much this past week so the poor blog got neglected. I'm back now though and have a fun idea for this week!
Today is the feast of St. Francis of Assisi. Unfortunately since it is a Sunday his feast will not be celebrated liturgically but why should that stop us from partying it up at home! Since he will probably be forgotten by many this year I am having a Franciscan Week to try to make up for it. I love all the saints but I have always had a special relationship with the brown clad poverello(Saint Francis wore brown;don't let the Capuchins or Conventuals tell you other wise)(just a little inside joke;hee-hee). Everyday this week I will post something Franciscan, a prayer or quote, a little bit of history and maybe even some music.So without further ado let Franciscan Week begin!

1 comment: