Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What's Up

Hey all you bloggy bloggers out there. How's it going. Life is pretty good for me right now. I usually don't just write posts about myself but maybe I would enjoy blogging more if I did so today that is what I'm gonna do.
Since I am no longer working(summer job ended) and I'm not ready to go to college yet I've just been hanging out at home. It has been kind of boring so far but the beginning of the school year holds promises of entertainment(if you can call it that). Although I am no longer part of the industrious realm of scholars 7 of my 8 siblings are. Since we are home schooled all the action takes place right in our kitchen. Yesterday I witnessed an experiment by Dave, Patch's first attempts at cursive and Emma's first day of Kindergarden. It was neat watching her use the same math book that I began with.
Don't think I just sat around idly while they all worked their little brains out. I was entrusted with Little Mags who wasn't to happy about being left out of all the fun. The two of us spent the morning loading and unloading the dishwasher, making the beds, building puzzles, singing and reciting nursery rhymes as well as attempting to build a castle(let's just say I will never be an architect) and watching Mr. Rogers. I felt like a little kid again and was glad to spend the morning in my sister's shoes. I actually was looking forward to doing it again today but fate saw fit to do other wise. I woke this morning at 10 after "oh my gosh" eight instead of six and my whole day was screwed up. I tryed to make the best of it though. I ran as usual but unfortunately fell on mile 3 and didn't return till 9:30. Mom needed Mags out of the house so she could work with Em so I volunteered to take her on a quick trip to the library. Well the quick trip didn't get us home untill quarter after noon. First because I couldn't find one of the DVDs that was due and second because I got carried away at the library as usual. Thirdly because Mags got upset on the way home and rode particularly slow. When we did get home I took a shower, had a cup of coffee and made my bed all the things you are supposed to do when you first get up. The rest of the afternoon was uneventful enough until five when Dad usually arrives home from work but today was delayed until six which meant we had to miss our Wednesday holy hour and that dinner was late. Now it's 8:36. I'm blogging. The kids are putting on a show for Mom and Dad. Soon they will start getting ready for bed(I hope). Even though I love them and really enjoy being able to learn and play and just spend time with them I really look forward to the silence that ensues after there night time video is over and they are tucked into bed. That and early in the morning is the only time when it comes anywhere close to hearing a needle drop in our house. Hopefully tomorrow my alarm will go off at the right time and everything will run smoother but if it doesn't I'll just cope with another discombobulated day at home.

1 comment:

  1. well, um, hey there you rarely talkative person!
    It was really cool to read all that about you because I usually wonder what you're doing and never know.

    ReplyDelete